Vacancies Low, What that means for the Market

Vacancies Low, What that means for the Market

Lender · Southwest Georgia · Member since 2017 · 312 posts · 278 votes

I have noticed over the last 3 months that the two markets I invest in have extremely low vacancies lately. I started investing 3 years ago and at that time vacancies were much higher than they are now and there were multiple rental property listings across multiple property managers. I looked recently and most of the major PM’s in the area have less than 5 rental property listings. What does that mean for the market long term? Does that bode well for property appreciation? Does that mean the local economy is improving?

Really interested in what y’all are seeing and also for those who have been in the game for a while what this means for a market?

0Reply
26 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Theresa HarrisPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    5y

    It may not mean anything for appreciation, but it does mean rents will be going up.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.