Carlin Barney
  • UT (utah)
Votes |
Trends in the market? Possibility of a downturn and other Q’s

Carlin Barney
  • UT (utah)
Posted Aug 6 2020, 08:20

Hey BP Followers!

I was sitting here reading the news this morning and lo and behold I see the US government is close to pushing another stimulus package as well as lengthening the “no eviction” mandate to the end of the year. I’m a medical professional and not very versed in the intricacies of the economy and the long ranging effects these two things can have. However I’m inclined to think that 2 stimulus packages of these large amounts cant be good for the future of the economy can it? IF they cut interest rates again, is it possible that it can risk another bubble like 2008-2009? IF they inject the economy with more money yet again, isn’t that going to impact inflation rates and create an artificial bubble? I mean housing markets everywhere are insane. Take Utah, California, Idaho for example, housing market is getting out of control in all three states. That coupled with inflation and near zero interest rates increases US risk of another 08-09, i would think, but again I’m relatively unversed in this area. I’m just curious if there are smarter people than me on here to explain what they are seeing or offer their insights. 

Trying to learn more and the best way to do that is by associating with people smarter than myself in this respective area. 

Thanks everyone.

Loading replies...