• Real Estate Investor
  • Douglasville, GA
Votes |
Best marketing ideas

Andrew Cobb
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Douglasville, GA
Posted Aug 18 2008, 04:48

What are your best marketing ideas you have come up with? I am looking to attract tennants for rental units. What will give me the most bang for my buck?

User Stats

Votes
Justin Pierce
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Woodbridge, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Woodbridge, VA
Replied Oct 21 2008, 04:04

I love craigslist. It's free and I get far better response than from newspapers. In my market there is too much junk in news papers for anybody to find anything. I saw backpage on someones posting here. That one looks good too. Is backpage working for other people?

Snow Goose Homes LLC Logo

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Boyd
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Truckee, CA
Replied Oct 21 2008, 23:09

I use Craigslist, all my marketing is pointing back to my website. Most people would rather fill out a profile than to call you. Also, if you don't want to do all the marketing yourself, you can hire a virtual assistant.

NREIG  logo
NREIG
|
Sponsored
Customizable insurance coverage with a program that’s easy to use Add, edit, and remove properties from your account any time with no minimum-earned premiums.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 31 2008, 12:12

In real estate marketing, seduction lurks around every corner. New ideas emerge during a prolonged campaign. Distractions and side doors present themselves. “This is old,†you might think. “I need to shake things up a little.†Focus and consistency bring benefits over the long haul, but it takes patience. An ad-testing program, for example, could take several months to start producing valuable insight. It takes steady measurement. It takes long-term vision. It takes focus.

Bobwilliams

User Stats

Votes
No Name
Votes |

In my opinion, its not really “the kids†you want to attract, is it? Of course not. You want to attract “the persons controlling the purse stringsâ€: the parents and guardians of those children. The children won’t have a choice, will they? OR will they? I think you have to win over the parents and guardians AND the children. The Q is “How?â€

Your Q is at a pretty advantageous time - maybe. School is JUST getting ready to open for a new year. My Suggestions #1: IF NOT for this year, how about for next semester and/or next year? An “Open Houseâ€. AND the entire Board of Directors, faculty and staff should be on-hand to answer any and all Qs from parents and children. The Open House should have some light refreshments - BUT NOT “cheap†or inexpensive refreshments. OR
Suggestion #2: Some of the folks could donate the refreshments, couldn’t they? I’m sure there are some wonderful cooks and bakers on your staff and the parents and guardians of the children attending the school, aren‘t there?

Suggestion #3: You should focus your enrollment campaign on a more affluent area. Honestly, I don’t know how a charter school works or operates, but it seems to me this is the economic level you should start investing your advertising/promotion funding. This level and higher levels.

Suggestion #4: You have to make the investment in time with the Board of Directors, your faculty, staff, current students and the parents and guardians of those students. You NEED ideas to get the magnet to start attracting those folks you‘re interested in attracting and enrolling in your school. What does your charter school do - more of and better than any other nearby school? This is where I think it should begin.

Suggestion #5: You could offer the best suggestion and the runner-ups different fee-paid services for free or at a greatly reduced rate, couldn’t you?

Suggestion #6: I never saw this in any school or college I attended, but I saw it ALL the time in the establishments where I worked: How about comment cards and suggestion boxes placed in strategic locations throughout the school AND [maybe] in businesses throughout the community? You could offer a monthly prize.

Suggestion #7: If you wanted to, you could probably set-up an e-mail address for suggestions only, too, couldn’t you?

Thank you for asking your question. I enjoyed taking the time to answer it. You did a great job - not only for your information, but for every other person interested in reading my answer. Thanks to everyone for reading my answer.

I wish you well!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 4 2008, 13:35

1.Know Your Break Even Point
2. Set An Advertising Budget and stick to it
3 Know Which Methods Are Working
4. Understanding Your Cost Per Inquiry.

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • pittsburgh, PA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • pittsburgh, PA
Replied Nov 5 2008, 15:41

Lots of people are using an innovative voice broadcasting system. You can get free leads of renters or home owners and find out who is looking to buy or sell. The broadcasts go out very quickly and they have a system of directing the listener to your website or phone. The costs can be as low as $20 per thousand people called.

Account Closed
  • Alabama
Votes |
  • Alabama
Replied Nov 7 2008, 16:49

The only thing that successful real estate entrepreneurs do better than anyone else is:

Create a reliable, consistent flow of motivated sellers calling in each day!

That's it! That's the difference. So did you get the message here? I hope so. If you want to change your experience in real estate investing from one of anxiety, frustration and disappointment to working less and making more, you'll make the change.

User Stats

Votes
T. Desmond D.
  • Property Manager
Votes |
  • Property Manager
Replied Jun 13 2009, 06:12

If you're talking about 'bang for the buck' then nothing beats Craigslist. It free, its one of the largest sites on the Internet, and renters use Craigslist to find homes.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 19 2009, 10:09

How about calling some of your good, quality tenants and asking them if they know anyone they would like to have as a neighbor/tenant. If they qualify, you would give them a break in rent for the month.

Good people hang together so the likelihood of finding a quality tenant will go up and probably go through less applicants before you get your person.

"Choose Your Neighbor" program!!

Its worked for me and it will work for you!

Account Closed
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 22 2009, 18:26

Craigslist is grate source