Votes
Will Agosto
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
How do I get started in Baltimore

Will Agosto
  • Baltimore, MD
Posted May 29 2016, 20:06

I have been interested in real estate in a long time and like so many others was intimidated by it. I'm looking to either buy a house and rent out or buy and flip with little to no money down (if that's even a real thing) in the Baltimore area. I don't know what's more beneficial and don't know how to get started in what to do. If anyone can help with any information I would gladly appreciate it and hopefully get pointed in the right direction.

User Stats

Votes
Ned Carey
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Baltimore, MD
ModeratorReplied May 29 2016, 21:49

Welcome to BP @Will Agosto there are a LOT of investors from the Baltimore area here on BP ready to help. The more you learn the less intimidated you will be. Keep reading here and check out some of the local investing groups. My Favorite right now is the BWI Meetup (google it) Or the Anne Arundle Investors Meetup. 

User Stats

Votes
Devin Morgan
  • Baltimore, MD
Votes |
  • Baltimore, MD
Replied May 29 2016, 22:59

There's plenty of people from Baltimore here. There's no one answer because it's all about what you want to do. I would research each niche then find what works for you at the moment. Neither is more beneficial than the other honestly. Flipping has bigger short term profits while rentals have smaller long term profits. It's about what you're comfortable with. Once you have that you can start diversifying.

And buying and flipping with little money is possible. You don't have to have money, you just have to know people that do. 

I second BWI meetup.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Shaniqua Dupree
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jun 3 2016, 04:32

I recommend you listen to BP podcast. Learn as much as you can. Look for a deal and work it like you have all the money you need. Go look at properties, look at comps, talk to Realtors, talk to contractors. It's ALL ABOUT NETWORKING. This is not a task to do alone. Please send me a PM. 

Thanks, 

Shaniqua Dupree