Ross V.
  • Scottsdale , Arizona
Votes |
Setting up mass mailings/ marketing

Ross V.
  • Scottsdale , Arizona
Posted Dec 7 2016, 17:22

Hey BP network! 

I am exploring ways to send out fliers to help drive traffic to my website. I found a tool called DataMiner that I want to use to "scrape" information off websites (mailing addresses and names) for specific zip codes. 

Having troubles setting it up.. 

Anyone have best practices around sending mailings? 

Thanks in advance for your suggestions! 

-Ross 

User Stats

Votes
Ranny BBloch
  • Vendor
  • Ramat Gan , South District
Votes |
  • Vendor
  • Ramat Gan , South District
Replied Dec 8 2016, 04:46

@Ross V. 

Hey Ross,

If your trying to boost traffic to your website why jump through all those hoops? 

Wouldn't it be easier to target these people using online ads like facebook or google ? You can either choose the crowds you want their or upload the lists you scraped. 

From what I know offline to online campaigns are very tricky and your better off sticking to offline to offline  (direct mail --> phone call) or online to online ( online ads --> website traffic) . 

Good luck :) 

User Stats

Votes
Ross V.
  • Scottsdale , Arizona
Votes |
  • Scottsdale , Arizona
Replied Dec 8 2016, 19:30

@Ranny BBloch Thanks for the tid-bit on sticking online to online and off to off. Thats a good point. 

I'm planning to send the mailings because I want to target a specific neighborhood/zip code and I was thinking I needed to meet my audience where they are at. Most of my potential (in this neighborhood) are not people online. 

But that drives your point home. It could be tricky to use an offline method to drive them online... defiantly food for thought. 

Thanks! 

Ross 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes