Barnstable, MA · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 2 votes
Hello All,
I am in search of a reputable yellow letter direct mail company. I think I am going to use yellowletterhq.com.
Can anyone provide any feedback on yellowletterhq.com or perhaps suggest another vendor?
Thanks,
Mike
Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 968 posts · 747 votes
9y
Are you looking to mail yellow letters or just looking for a direct mail provider?
If you are in a market that is saturated with investor and one where there are many new and rookie investors I can tell you that there will be TONS of people mailing the standard "yellow letter" and yours would just get lost in the shuffle.
Here in the New Orleans area, we are completely saturated with investors. The typical yellow letters are everywhere, coming from everyone and anyone. They don't stand out in such a crowded market.
In my opinion, it is better to go with something unique and/or strive for brand recognition with your mail pieces.
Investor · New Orleans, LA · Member since 2012 · 968 posts · 747 votes
9y
Are you looking to mail yellow letters or just looking for a direct mail provider?
If you are in a market that is saturated with investor and one where there are many new and rookie investors I can tell you that there will be TONS of people mailing the standard "yellow letter" and yours would just get lost in the shuffle.
Here in the New Orleans area, we are completely saturated with investors. The typical yellow letters are everywhere, coming from everyone and anyone. They don't stand out in such a crowded market.
In my opinion, it is better to go with something unique and/or strive for brand recognition with your mail pieces.
Investor · Cameron Park, CA · Member since 2015 · 64 posts · 72 votes
9y
Mike,
Consider writing your own and mailing it through a local service. Many of the Penny Saver type magazines do their own mailing and bulk mailing services and are more affordable. You can also talk to the person in charge of bulk mail at your local post office and see who they would recommend for bulk mail services. They deal with the local companies and know who's reputable and can give you recommdations. That is what I've done.
I'm personally not a fan of most of the yellow letter material because I see so many identical post cards from different people. It doesn't take that much to get a list and to write your own postcard. If these vendors had exclusive markets for their customers, it might make a difference. Otherwise, you might have 3-4 people in the same zip code mailing the same post card and the only difference is your name at the bottom
In the end you will be building your own brand if you write it yourself and people will be more likely to keep your postcard rather than tossing it along with all of their other spammy postcards.