User Stats

Votes
Annie Yeh
Votes |
Repair for Water damage

Annie Yeh
Posted Nov 23 2022, 17:57

Hi , 

Newbies here.. I recently have a water leak in a house. I called a company that an insurance had referred to do the drying .  They said they also do full repair after it’s all dry up. So they demo part of the house they think needs to be repair and sent over the estimates to the insurance and insurance approved their estimates . I have already got paid by the insurance .

now it comes to signing the contract with this restoration company ( the same company that dry the house ) , and their contract was very basic .. it didn’t list in detail of what they were going to do  .. for example 

1.initial material ___$upfront 
2.drywall / paint  _____ $upon completion 

3.Cabinet completion _____ $upon completion 

4.Flooring _____ $ upon completion 

5. Final walk through ______ $ 

I ask for detail items that they were going to do . And they said that’s just the preliminary contract … I have no idea what that mean … I haven’t even pick out the flooring and vanity . 

got a second opinion and the contractor quote way above what insurance already approved from the first contractor . Almost 50k above the budget allow. 

Anyone has experience with this ? I need some advice . I want the repair start ASAP but can’t seems  to find  the right  person that’s honest and won’t take advantage of me  ? 😬

Loading replies...