Property Management in Playa Del Carmen or Tulum, Mexico

2 Replies

I just purchased my first short-term rental property in Mexico (a nice 2/2 condo on Half Moon Bay in Akumal). I'm looking for recommendations on property management companies in the area. Any experience with the property management services offered directly by AirBNB/VRBO in this area would also be helpful.

Thanks!

Hi Dale! Congratulations on your purchase. I am looking to buy in the area as well and have sent significant amount of time there making contacts. I can share with you one of the contacts for property management company that I liked more than others. I believe their fees and approach is more reasonable than some of the other ones I spoke with. Send me a message please if you are still looking and I will send you the info. Cheers!

Thanks Zarina! I actually already signed with a property management company last week, so I'll let you know how they work out. I contacted literally 6-8 different companies, some from recommendations and some from just my own searching. I've had mixed results, to say the least (I can't believe how hard it's been to talk someone into taking my money!). I was finally referred to Gate48 property management. So far, they have been excellent. They even use Basecamp to manage communications and document project status. Very impressive.