Indianapolis investors: how do you handle snow removal?

Indianapolis investors: how do you handle snow removal?

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2016 · 28 posts · 4 votes

I am an out of state investor. I have a duplex in Indianapolis that I self manage. Curious how other investors who manage their own properties handle snow removal for their tenants? Is that something lawn care companies would do?

TIA

0Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

While we don't have property in IN right now we do manage / own in MI (neighbor) and in both states you have the tenant be responsible on SFH. On duplex you normally have 1 of the 2 and so on. Handle grass and snow. You do gutters (Because of liability)

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Rochester Hills, MI · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    While we don't have property in IN right now we do manage / own in MI (neighbor) and in both states you have the tenant be responsible on SFH. On duplex you normally have 1 of the 2 and so on. Handle grass and snow. You do gutters (Because of liability)

  • Tyler LingleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 440 posts · 292 votes
    5y

    There's not snow on the ground most of winter. usually you'll only need it under 10 times per year.  I'd agree just toss that responsibility to tenants. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    I invest in indy I have a great landscaper that turns into snow removal in the winter. The snow removal is the tenants responsibility but I also have an airbnb that needs cleaning during winter months. 

  • Kerry Noble JrPro Member
    Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    I have someone i can refer you to locally for snow removal

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.