• Chelsea, MA
Votes |
Need to establish new fence on property line in Chelsea MA

Jared K.
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chelsea, MA
Posted Oct 23 2021, 11:42

The history here is that when I bought the 3-family property 2 years ago in Chelsea, MA, the condo association for the property next door forced the previous owner of my property to move her fence about a foot so that they could park an extra car on their end.  Rightfully so as the fence was installed diagonally to the street and encroached onto their property.  She moved about 20 feet of it, about 1 foot towards her property so there's enough room to park their car, and kept the rest so it looks pretty bad, but at least they can park a car.  I've been here 2 years and no one has approached me since about it, but now I need to repave the driveway and put a new fence in.  How do I go about this, do I try to track down the condo association president and we come to an agreement about the new fence, or do I just go for it?  I actually think I will need a few inches on their property (won't mess up the parking though), just so i have enough space to pull all the way down to a really old garage I have in the back, the way I can now.  Thoughts on getting this accomplished?  I think I may need to "rent a few inches from them basically.

Loading replies...