• Toronto, Ontario
Votes |
Required + Recommended readings for Canadian RE

Paolo Pascual
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Toronto, Ontario
Posted Sep 20 2019, 15:19

Hi All,

I am from Toronto and I guess a total newbie. Started to read and listen to BP 4 years ago but now I am back after 3 years MIA. Back to listening to the podcast and re-started on the site and forums.

I was wondering if people can suggest required readings and recommended readings for Canadians.

Also, I am reading through RE in Canada and RE in Ontario sub-forums… any other recommendations for sub-forums I should read or follow?

I just want to give an example: I bought a property in Welland before for 20% downpayment, I asked the guy preparing my mortgage application if I can do smaller DP but he says no the bank would not let me because it is a rental property (someone is already renting it there and I took over) He also taught me to use my personal line of credit (the process I know you guys are more aware of than me)...long story short, I want to learn more about the mortgage rules and RE strategies in Canada such as when I can use lower than 20% DP, when I can use my personal line of credit, and refinancing, etc.

Thanks and thanks to everyone who have been answering my questions.

Paolo

Loading replies...