First time Homebuyer Questions
I'm new to this community. I stopped wasting my time on Instagram and get into REI with all of your help. Thank you so much.
I'm looking at the listings around Syracuse area. My budget is up to 80-90K$. There are several listings within my budget. However, the properties are old and most of them do not have some details. The most tricky part for me is the maintenance costs. I made a 'questions to be asked to the agent/owner for maintenance'. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated here.
1. When was the roof replaced?
2. When the HVAC was replaced?
3. When was the plumbing system replaced?
4. When was the electricity system replaced?
5. When was the foundation replaced? (Sounds weird to me )
6. When was the last pest control?
7. When was the last time that the air filters, smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors replaced?
8. When was the last lead inspection?
9. Is the property part of any homeowners' association?
10. Do the property boundaries in the listing match with the ones in records?
11. Are there any zone violations? (I'm sure there is a better way of asking this)
12. Does the tenant pay for the utilities? If no, How much do they cost on average? Can i ask bills here?
13. How much is the homeowners insurance? Do they have one? Can i continue using it? Transferable?