• Wholesaler
  • Port Richey, FL
Votes |
Econohomes Experience

Vanessa Blais
  • Wholesaler
  • Port Richey, FL
Posted Jul 3 2014, 10:59

I came across a Craigslist ad for a house for sale in my farm area.  I sent an email and the 'seller' replied with information on how to access the property. 

I went and took a look, and a day or so later, the 'seller' emailed me with a list of other properties that they have for sale in my area.

I ran down the numbers and made offers, via a reply email, on all of them which allowed 3 weeks for closing and a $100 earnest money deposit. 

On Monday, the company called me on the phone to tell me that the gentleman who emailed the list to me, who I replied to, was no longer with the company, so this new lady, "Tandi" was assigned to work with me. 

She told me that they don't pay any back taxes or prorate, so to check with our tax collector before making any offers.  She then went on to tell me that I could either do a "Cash For Deed" (and it could take up to 180 days to get the deed- though some due diligence on the company led me to some old complaints about this company not delivering deeds as far out as 10 months after closing) or a "Warranty Deed" for $2,225.00.  She told me that a 10% earnest money deposit was required, but that they don't force you to buy the house and you can get your earnest money back any time you want prior to closing. 

She instructed that I could make my offer to 'include the fees,' and to do it 'verbally' with her and she would take it to whoever the DM is and if they accepted, then she would write the contract and send it to me. 

So I made 2 verbals with the fee included, both of which they countered on, and only one of which I countered back on-  which they accepted. She asked me what name I wanted the contract in, and I told her my partners name and stressed that it needed to be 'name and/or assigns.'

When I got the contract from here, the $2,225.00 was put on top of my offer, the name did not have 'and/or assigns' after it, and they wanted a closing in 6 days- not 'business days,' just 6 days from the date they sent the contract to me. 

Suffice it to say, I walked from the deal.  I'm not putting up $3,000 for a house that's going to close in 6 days!  And I'm certainly not going to be doing business with a company that can't follow the simple instructions to put 'and/or assigns' on the contract. 

I've read some stuff about this company stealing investors from bird dogs too.  

My opinion- shady company with no integrity.

Loading replies...