Microbilt Skiptracing Resource

1 Reply

Has anyone ever used Microbilt as a skiptracing resource?  What are your thoughts on Microbilt?  Is there another skiptrace resource anyone could recommend?

Microbilt is one of my data providers, and I am quite familiar with the products they offer so maybe I can help.  A considerable part of my business is skiptracing (locating people) and I take pride in my results, so I have a few basic reports I begin with and then get to work locating the subject needing served.  Here is the pro's and con's of using Microbilt. 

SSN

Microbilt is good for running SSN's to obtain a subject's name, and also to reverse a name and address to obtain the SSN, however the address info returned is mediocre.

Credit Reports

Microbilt is a good source for pulling credit reports. Under FCRA you do have permissible purpose to pull a CR to skip "locate' debtors
They offer the big 3, (though I recommend Experian) as well as a few proprietary credit based reports geared to skiptracing such as "Bank & Debtor Locator" "Trace Detail Report' and "Phone/Address Search" I suggest sticking with the traditional credit reports and not using these just mentioned as the information is more than likely not going to lead you to the debtor.  

PRBC

Microbilt offers a "PRBC" report which is a proprietary report and an excellent tool (perhaps their best one) This report is a combination of subject's personal identifiers, address, driver's license #, phone numbers, property owned, FICO score and detailed banking information.  The "hit' ratio is about 60% in my experience, however I have found this report often provides more current/useable information than anything else they offer.  

A very helpful tool as well when trying to locate banking relationships in cases of recovering judgments.  

Microbilt does require a 1 yr commitment and has a $99 minimum monthly requirement, so depending on your usage this should be taken into consideration.  

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.