Real Estate Schools in Northern New Jersey

Real Estate Schools in Northern New Jersey

Rental Property Investor · Montville, NJ · Member since 2014 · 82 posts · 10 votes

Hello Everyone,

I am looking to get my RE license in a month or so, but I want to know what schools are good.   Anyone have any advice or a recommendation? 

Thanks! 

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Parsippany NJ · Member since 2010 · 128 posts · 47 votes
11y

Hi Amul,

I got my salesperson license 7 years ago from the School of Real Estate Studies in Teaneck. I went with their quickest course, which I believe is 75 hours over 12-14 days. Don't expect the class to be riveting, as the info is relatively dry to begin with. Most RE licensing prep tests are just that - prep for the test. Lots of reading the chapter aloud and then re-reading the chapter review questions. I liked the instructor, but it did feel like just going through the motions to get through the book.

When I got my brokers license I went with the Adler Toro school in Union City. George Toro was the instructor for that class. He shared a significant amount of real life experience from his investing career, which would probably pair very well considering you're looking for info on Bigger Pockets already.

Either way, don't expect to learn much about the actual business of selling real estate - you'll mostly be learning the laws and ethics during the class.

Good luck!

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Parsippany NJ · Member since 2010 · 128 posts · 47 votes
    11y

    Hi Amul,

    I got my salesperson license 7 years ago from the School of Real Estate Studies in Teaneck. I went with their quickest course, which I believe is 75 hours over 12-14 days. Don't expect the class to be riveting, as the info is relatively dry to begin with. Most RE licensing prep tests are just that - prep for the test. Lots of reading the chapter aloud and then re-reading the chapter review questions. I liked the instructor, but it did feel like just going through the motions to get through the book.

    When I got my brokers license I went with the Adler Toro school in Union City. George Toro was the instructor for that class. He shared a significant amount of real life experience from his investing career, which would probably pair very well considering you're looking for info on Bigger Pockets already.

    Either way, don't expect to learn much about the actual business of selling real estate - you'll mostly be learning the laws and ethics during the class.

    Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Hackensack, NJ · Member since 2014 · 321 posts · 412 votes
    11y

    Amul, I went to real estate school at Kovats in Maywood. I thought it prepared me well for the state test. Here's the link to their web site:

    http://www.kovatsschool.com

  • Real Estate Investor · Mahwah, NJ · Member since 2014 · 33 posts · 12 votes
    11y

    Hi @Amul Sutaria

    I went to Terrie O'Connor Real Estate School in Ramsey and had a good experience. My instructor was knowledgeable and did her best to make the content interesting. The preparation worked as I passed my test :) I would definitely recommend them. Here's the link:

    https://www.tocrres.com

  • Rental Property Investor · Montville, NJ · Member since 2014 · 82 posts · 10 votes
    11y

    Thanks Everyone! great info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.