How much in the state of Missouri will it cost to be a Real Estate agent?

2 Replies

I am looking to work with the company Keller williams and do whole selling on the side. I have heard conflicting stories on how much it cost annually to be a agent after the completion of testing and acquiring a job. Anywhere from 5-7k to be a agent is what I have heard. 

@Tim Hagins I asked this same question from a friend of mine, here's the response.

Pre exam class $395

Practice exam class $200

Test $60(approx)

St Louis ***. of Realtors $629/yr $275 app fee (price varies per office) (optional depends on brokerage that holds your license) if broker belongs, you have to too.

Continuing Ed. $30/class 4 classes or 12 hrs required. (every two yrs)

Errors and Omissions insurance $650/yr (varies per office, depends on brokers experience)

Desk fees, commission agreements or referral only standings ( this all varies depending on what broker you choose to hold your license and can vary greatly.

MLS fees $60/ quarter

MO real estate license application fee and renewal fee $50-100 each time

Supra key $25 processing fee, $140/yr

I'm sure there are some other fees in there, but hopefully that give you a good idea.

Thanks for your information, yeah that looks pretty on line to what the brokerage information I have. Talked to two people outside the business they made it seem much higher than that but then again their brokerage company might have been more expensive!!

Thanks again..

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.