Nouveau Riche University

14 Replies

This topic has been locked by an administrator.

What did YOU learn about it? Didn't you have a meeting about it? I've heard its a network marketing based real estate investment education business. That's a mouthful. lol.

So what's the program?

Well it's RE investment college. It's a real estate investment education program that allows you to earn college credits that can be transferred. They also have to students what they call their "community" which has a property finding service for students, mortgage brokers, basically everything you will need when you are ready to invest. I'm going to a meeting with some of the investors in my area that have gone to the school so I will know more tomorrow.

So far it looks really good.

EquityBuilder how long have you been at NRU?

I think its a great thing but I'm trying to get a loan for the Regents and it is harder then a normal student loan because none of the lenders have NRU in their system.

How did pay your tuition? Or if anyone has any info. about getting a loan for NRU let me know!!!!!

Thank you

I recently attended an 'investor' meeting. Everything sounds great, but I'd like to see what kind of cash flow is beng generated, how long it took to develop the cash flow from people currently using the community. What is better to start with the home study or bite the bullet and go for the regents? Where do you get the $16k or whatever it is for the education? Seems to me if I had that kind of coin laying around I would be doing my own investing.

I joined as regents. I got a student loan for the amount. I was about 2 weeks from making a offer on a house when I found NRU. I want to know everything about something Im going to do. So when I found NRU and they are education based it was the right thing for me. I could go out and invest my money now but Id rather learn about the field before just throwing my savings into it. One of the biggest parts of NRU is the community I have met some very succesful people that are willing to help me through the buying process just because we are in the community together.

Its not a get rich quick program. If you put your head to it and apply yourself it will work. And they offer so many classes so I can study any kind of RE transaction I would like to get involved in.

Let me know if this sounds interesting to you!

I actually work with the company and good friends w/ Andrew, who got in on the ground floor. The way we work together is this...

I help find investment opportunities that will allow students of the university to fund their regents...

whytehouse,

What kind of investments can you find? The company I'm getting my student loan from might be falling through. I'm currently at masters level. I charged it to my credit card just to get the 7 day right of rescission over with.

Is an MLM not a business structure where you make commissions by referring other people to purchase whatever product the company is offering? And then make commissions on the people that those people refer? Does NRU not do this?

Please help me understand why it is not an MLM? Now I personally think the MLM concept is genius and effective in marketing a product whether it be real estate training courses or multivitamins.

Hi Ryan, (and others with the false belive that Nouveau Riche University is an MLM) :D

Thanks for taking the time to educate yourselves rather than believing some random internet rant. I'm so glad that you put the correct definition of MLM so I know you'll understand the difference between that and direct sales, which is what Nouveau Riche University has to offer.

What Nouveau Riche University offers is two totally separate yet complimentary opportunities: 1) Real Estate Investing Education and Support, 2) Income as a direct sales representative.

1) On the Nouveau Riche University Education and Support: First, you can sign up and receive up to 2 years of top notch education for yourself and a free tuition partner. Period. That in itself gives you an incredible earning potential. I am Ivy League educated, a member of MENSA, financially secure, and a mother of 3. I would gladly trade my years of traditional education for what I've learned at Nouveau Riche University. It has been more relevant, more profitable, and FAR less expensive! As I said, I saved and made thousands on the real estate side of things in my first few weeks. You can use that education to do deals yourself, to partner on deals with the 11,000+ other investors in the Nouveau Riche University community, or to purchase cash flow positive properties via the Nouveau Riche University Investor Concierge, which leverages the buying power of a large investing community to provide great, turn-key deals.

2) On the Nouveau Riche University Independent Sales Representative Income Generation Opportunity: Second, as a totally separate decision and a totally separate transaction you can, if you WANT to, sign up as and independent direct sales contractor (for $75) . This allows you to buy the product at wholesale prices and resell it at retail, just like any other direct sales opportunity. You are a product wholesaler. The company must ensure that you are knowledgeable enough about the product to explain it to others accurately so you will be taught how to sell the education. This teaching process is done by a mentor that, by taking the time to train you, EARNS your two first commission accounts. This is a very standard sales practice, taken from the Insurance industry, where a rookie would be trained by a seasoned pro. In exchange for the seasoned pro's time, knowledge and training he of course gets some compensation. When I am spending time selling education or training Nouveau Riche University sales reps I am taking time away from my real estate investing business. Real Estate investing pays so well that, you'd better believe there's a need to be well compensated to do that! In my experience, I have been able to sell and train other sales contractors very part time (@ 5 hours a week)and make a very good income with PLENTY of time to continue profitable real estate investing.

IN CONTRAST, HERE'S HOW MLM'S WORK: As opposed to selling directly and earning training commissions, an MLM is a situation where (in theory) you get all sorts of residual income from strangers in your "downline" you've never even met whether you work or not. MLM companies sell this as "the residual income dream" where you're supposed to find one other superstar and they'll generate a business for you while you kick back on the beach. In reality, MLMs work only if you pretty much recruit half the poplulation of a small continent, in which case you'll make enough money to live on. :lol: That's often because, in my opinion, those companies wouldn't survive on the quality of their products alone. Nouveau Riche University's education is phenomenal and helped me option over $1 Million dollars in my first few weeks. Investors would continue to flock to it regardless of the method of sales and advertising because at Nouveau Riche University they are taught by Investors, as opposed so sales guys or people who invested in real estate in the 80s and have been selling tapes ever since. Plus, our instructors are prohibited from upselling and people like that you buy your tuition and you ACTUALLY LEARN HOW TO COMPLETE LUCRATIVE DEALS instead of having to keep buying more and more tapes and cds. How is watching a late night informercial somehow more credible than hearing about it from a trained sales representative?

There is no way I would associate myself with an MLM. That's exactly why I did SO much due diligence, flying all over the country at my own expense, etc. to ensure that this company has the utmost integrity and professionalism.

I would hope that this post would end the debate once and for all but I'm sure it will wage on. There are too many other "gurus" out there that will lose business once their customers realize how much better the education is at Nouveau Riche University.

If I can be of further assistance in anyone's due diligence process regarding either the quality of Nouveau Riche University's education or their direct sales opportunity, please contact me. If you have heard about Nouveau Riche University from someone else, I will still provide information even though I will not receive a dime in commissions whether you decide to join or not.
Have a great day!

Regards,

Jen Silver, President
ROI Capital Group, Inc

First, I wanted to let you know that we've banned the member urcinus for unwanted solicitation to other members on our site via PM . Such behavior will not be tolerated here.

In addition, we've locked 3 other NRU threads and pointed activity here.

I wanted to share the definition of MLM with everyone. Thought it might help clarify things:

In a typical multi-level marketing or network marketing arrangement, individuals associate with a parent company as an independent contractor or franchisee and are compensated based on their sales of products or service, as well as the sales achieved by those they bring into the business. This is like many franchise companies where royalties are paid from the sales of individual franchise operations to the franchisor as well as to an area or region manager.

In a legitimate MLM company, commissions are earned only on sales of the company's products or services. No money may be earned from recruiting alone ("sign-up fees"). One must analyze the compensation plan to determine whether participants are paid from actual sales to customers and not from money received from new recruits. If participants are paid primarily from money received from new recruits, then the company is an illegal pyramid or Ponzi scheme. Wikipedia

In addition, I'd like to share information provided by the United States Government's FTC Website:

Multilevel marketing plans, also known as "network" or "matrix" marketing, are a way of selling goods or services through distributors. These plans typically promise that if you sign up as a distributor, you will receive commissions -- for both your sales of the plan's goods or services and those of other people you recruit to join the distributors. Multilevel marketing plans usually promise to pay commissions through two or more levels of recruits, known as the distributor's "downline."

If a plan offers to pay commissions for recruiting new distributors, watch out! Most states outlaw this practice, which is known as "pyramiding." State laws against pyramiding say that a multilevel marketing plan should only pay commissions for retail sales of goods or services, not for recruiting new distributors.

Why is pyramiding prohibited? Because plans that pay commissions for recruiting new distributors inevitably collapse when no new distributors can be recruited. And when a plan collapses, most people -- except perhaps those at the very top of the pyramid -- lose their money.

The Federal Trade Commission cannot tell you whether a particular multilevel marketing plan is legal. Nor can it give you advice about whether to join such a plan. You must make that decision yourself. However, the FTC suggests that you use common sense, and consider these seven tips when you make your decision:

1. Avoid any plan that includes commissions for recruiting additional distributors. It may be an illegal pyramid.
2. Beware of plans that ask new distributors to purchase expensive inventory. These plans can collapse quickly -- and also may be thinly-disguised pyramids.
3. Be cautious of plans that claim you will make money through continued growth of your "downline" -- the commissions on sales made by new distributors you recruit -- rather than through sales of products you make yourself.
4. Beware of plans that claim to sell miracle products or promise enormous earnings. Just because a promoter of a plan makes a claim doesn't mean it's true! Ask the promoter of the plan to substantiate claims with hard evidence.
5. Beware of shills -- "decoy" references paid by a plan's promoter to describe their fictional success in earning money through the plan.
6. Don't pay or sign any contracts in an "opportunity meeting" or any other high-pressure situation. Insist on taking your time to think over a decision to join. Talk it over with your spouse, a knowledgeable friend, an accountant or lawyer.
7. Do your homework! Check with your local Better Business Bureau and state Attorney General about any plan you're considering -- especially when the claims about the product or your potential earnings seem too good to be true.

Whether this company is MLM or direct sales, it is apparent to me that there is a definite focus on selling people or getting them to join up. I've never heard of another educational company, especially a "University" that pays referral fees or commissions to bring in new members.

Call it what you want - If there is any more recruiting here whatsoever, this thread will be shut down and all NRU recruiters will be banned from the site.

If you have a complaint about this, read our forum rules. Remember, you agreed to these rules before joining!

Wow! It took a grand total of 20 minutes for me to follow up. I've since found three posts from Jen Silver aka. Nouveau Riche University promoting the company . . .

I wouldn't expect otherwise.

She and the other NRU promoters have been banned from the site now.

In addition, we've closed all Nouveau Riche Threads permanently.