Ask About A Real Estate Company

User Stats

Votes
Kristy Hemphill
Votes |
Bridgehouse America total scam

Kristy Hemphill
Posted Jun 25 2019, 06:42

We had say an ad on hotpads advertising a house for rent to own lease offer, this appealed to me after being recently divorced. I had recently owned a house for 19yrs but had racked up a ton of debt in attorney fees. We signed a lease agreement on 12/28/18 and were set to move into a house on 2/1/2019, however on 1/26/2019(the owner had expressed that she decided she wanted to sell the house sooner, about 1 month after signing the lease). On 1/26/2019 she called Mario to tell him that she didn't want us to move in, so this created many problems for us, we had given notice to our current rental and had given Mario a cashier's check for $10,000 and gave him cash for $1600 for the rent. Mario had told us that we would get all of our money back initially but now is trying to tell me there is an assignment fee?? How does that work if we never moved into the house and the owner terminated the lease?? We are approaching 5 months since the deal was terminated and I still have yet to receive any of my money back, which was promised to us after the owner terminated the lease by not delivering the house.  We still tried to work with Mario but where still left without a house.  In fact I sent him 95% of the leads and when I asked him again for our money back, he panicked and said he would work his butt off to get us a house, which was a complete and utter lie. Now he has been given me nothing but lies and empty promises. I sent the check, I'll send it certified mail or Ups, my personal favorite, I am in California until July and I still have yet to receive anything from him. Then he started to claim he was owed money under the assignment fee, but after reading the lease the only thing that was stated if we were to get a house or if we opted out, neither of which happened, so my question is how does he think he's entitled to anything when he didnt deliver a house to us and the lease was terminated by the owner??? When I asked him to send me a cashier's check, he sent me a rude text telling me I have no right to demand his I get my money back. He has been really rude to me, even to go so far as to accuse me of being on drugs because I am demanding all my money. He keeps dragging it out I just want all my money back!! I have many texts to back up all of what I am saying. I am so sick of the games and lies. He was super nice and seemed trustworthy. But now after dealing with him and me asking for all my money back, he's been completely rude, while holding my money hostage for the past 5 months, its disgusting that I have to keep asking for my money back, especially when he has no right to any amount of it. I would not every recommend working with this company, they promise you the world and don't deliver. This is all based on my personal experience with Mario. 

Loading replies...