Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 0 votes
Anybody here who work with kale or Keller Williams realty? And what’s been your experience there as an investor? Because I’m torn between which I should join between them after recently passing the exam. I like what I talked with Kale about and I’m not only liking what I’ve read about Keller Williams, but I’ve come across a few successful agents and they’ve majority been with KW..
So if anybody work with them, how has it been for you?
Honestly, whether or not a brokerage is investor friendly has nothing to do with the brokerage and everything to do with the individual agent! As long as you are taking care of business, and not getting yourself in trouble (therefore your broker doesn't get in trouble), your broker pretty much leaves you alone!
As a new agent, you should interview several different brokerages to see where you might be a fit.
1. Look at how many listings that company has, you want a company that has experienced, productive agents. You can and will learn a lot from the agents in your office.
2. Does that company offer training for new agents, such as yourself?
3. How much is your desk fee and commission split?
4. Does your personality fit with the broker and agents in the office?
Ultimately, the type of agent you will become depends on you! You choose what kind of people you work with by who you surround yourself with!
Honestly, whether or not a brokerage is investor friendly has nothing to do with the brokerage and everything to do with the individual agent! As long as you are taking care of business, and not getting yourself in trouble (therefore your broker doesn't get in trouble), your broker pretty much leaves you alone!
As a new agent, you should interview several different brokerages to see where you might be a fit.
1. Look at how many listings that company has, you want a company that has experienced, productive agents. You can and will learn a lot from the agents in your office.
2. Does that company offer training for new agents, such as yourself?
3. How much is your desk fee and commission split?
4. Does your personality fit with the broker and agents in the office?
Ultimately, the type of agent you will become depends on you! You choose what kind of people you work with by who you surround yourself with!
Investor · Niceville, FL · Member since 2017 · 450 posts · 366 votes
6y
Congrats @Richard Pierre-Victor on passing your exam!! @Angie Shires's advice is spot on. Check out multiple brokers and multiple models and see what works for you. I'd add:
Do you want to work full or part time?
How is the training? Is it flexible?
What kind of mentorship do you desire?
Does the broker allow exempt transactions for personal use (like investment properties)?
What kind of tools and opportunities are provided?
The most important things in my own search were value (low cost, but lots of training, tools, mentorship) and flexibility to work on my own terms and train on my own terms. Paying desk/royalties didn't make sense to me in today's day and age. But I still want/need a good support structure.
Best of luck in your search. Let me know how I can help!
Real Estate Broker · Coppell, TX · Member since 2011 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
6y
Hi Richard. I've been with KW for about 10 years and Prudential which is now Berkshire Hathaway Home Services about 10 years before that. I like KW. Growing like crazy, profitable, debt free, creating world class technology. Plenty of great brokerages around, you just have to find the right fit. Nearly everyone here will tell you they love their brokerage, so it's tough to get a good read. Go interview 6---a couple of small ones, a couple of different brands, and some mega brokerages. Ask lots of questions.
Some questions I suggest people ask.
#1 Let me see your training room.
#2 Let me see your training calendar.
#3 What does training cost?
Every broker will tell you they have training, but I think you can cut the bad from the great by know if they have a dedicated training room and a calendar. No room/no calendar, then I would question how good their training is. Don't fall for the online trick. Sure we're moving that way, but you probably know hands on in person training is beneficial. Are they charging you for training? Sometimes I feel like that is just another revenue generator for the broker if they are continually charging you big money for training. It's part of the business, but be cognizant of that. Is it good for you or good for them or both. There's a balance.