• Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Votes |
Anyone dealt with fundmygap?

Ann Bellamy
  • Lender
  • Tyngsboro, MA
Posted Aug 28 2013, 16:31

I received a call the other day from fundmygap.com, they were seeking gap funding referral opportunities. In the course our conversation, I asked them who else they were doing business with in my area. He mumbled a few names, which were almost unintelligible, except for one, which I recognized, because I know the principals and the loan originators.

I asked him two more times to repeat the names, and by the third time, when I could finally understand them, he told me he really didn't want to tell me the names of the other companies he worked with in my states. I told him I was certainly going to call them and ask for references, and he told me he didn't want me to do that. That call ended quickly.

I wanted to check and see if anyone else has heard of them or done business with them, and raise the level of caution if someone chooses to pursue gap funding with them.

As a point of information, he told me they have done about 400+ deals, they require that they be on title with the borrower, and they take over the project if necessary, which they have done on 12 deals. Just fyi.

Loading replies...