Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
Housing Appreciation Data for both Los Angeles and Atlanta from 1991 to 2022. The previous housing recession lasted about years from 2007 to 2012. The Los Angeles housing market dropped 39.7% from the last peak to trough whereas the Atlanta housing market dropped 34.7%.
From 2012 to 2021 - We are seeing Similar Appreciation numbers between Los Angeles and Atlanta
From 2022, we starting to see the two housing markets in LA and ATL decouple.
From 1991 to 2006, Los Angeles was in its growth phase while Atlanta was still in its emerging infancy phase.
Here are the most recent Year over Year data from the top 4 housing markets and the bottom 3 housing markets. I believe the recession in the 4 bottom housing markets will impacted to a greater level than the top 4 housing markets.
Real Estate Agent · Dawsonville, GA · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 144 votes
3y
I love this, thanks for sharing. Moral of the story - Top 4 MSA's still good horses to bet on? I can't speak for the other MSA's, but I think North GA there is so much room for growth, location b/w regional airports is helpful, and I'm excited to see where Kemps focus on attracting Green Energy MFG to GA will take us.
Real Estate Broker · Johns Creek, GA · Member since 2009 · 870 posts · 664 votes
3y
Holly Barrett,
You are definitely in a good market for growth. I see Dawson County as what Forsyth County looked like 10 years ago. That area will continue to grow in population and flourish.