Skip to content
Market Trends & Data

User Stats

Votes
Keith Dowdy
  • Realtor
  • Boone, NC
Votes |
Short Term Rentals in Western North Carolina- Boone, Banner Elk, Beech Mountain...

Keith Dowdy
  • Realtor
  • Boone, NC
Posted May 4 2023, 08:58

Hi everyone,, 

I'm bullish on the area. My rental in Beech Mountain continues to do well. I'm starting to see more movement in terms of people turning their attention to investment properties again. Beech and Banner Elk are particularly strong. Other great areas for short term rentals: Sugar Mountain, Seven Devils, Valle Crucis, Vilas, Zionville, West Jefferson, Todd, and many others. While the rates are relatively high right now, there appears to be evidence that the peak may be at hand. One possible strategy is to get in before the prices shoot up as rates start coming back down. Get in at less that desirable rates, and refi once they come down. Or sell at a profit as demand inevitably goes up, along with prices.

If anyone is interested in investing in the High Country, let me know. I'm a licensed realtor who specializes in helping investors find a good investment/STR properties.

Or just let me know if you have any questions that you think I might be able to help with. 

Have a great day!

Keith Dowdy

eXp Realty

Lic#: NC 337517

Loading replies...