Quick Triad Market Insight for Small Multifamily Investors

Quick Triad Market Insight for Small Multifamily Investors

Real Estate Agent · Triad North Carolina · Member since 2025 · 50 posts · 13 votes

Here’s something I’ve noticed lately while running numbers on small multis (2–4 units) across the Triad:

A lot of investors underestimate how strong the rent-to-price ratios still are here compared to other Southeast markets.

Typical small multi deals I’ve been tracking:

• Purchase price: $170K–$260K

• Rents per door: $900–$1,200 depending on the neighborhood

• PM costs: 8–10%

• Taxes/insurance still relatively low

• Most deals landing around 6.5%–8% cap with light value-add

Nothing crazy, but steady, predictable cash flow — especially for out-of-state investors who want an easier entry point than Charlotte or Raleigh.

The biggest tip I’d give newer investors is:

Run your numbers with OPPORTUNITY in mind, not perfection.

Cash flow still exists here, but only if you look at realistic expenses and know what areas rent fastest.

I’ve been checking out different pockets around Greensboro and High Point recently, and there are still opportunities. If anyone ever wants help breaking down numbers or wants eyes on a property in the Triad, feel free to message me anytime.

Happy investing, and hope this helps someone today. 🙌

— Shakur

0Reply
27 views

No replies yet. Be the first to reply to this discussion.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.