Votes |
House Hacking in Phoenix: Connecting with Investors

Cameron Gomez
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Phoenix, AZ
Posted May 11 2023, 13:03

Hi BiggerPockets community,

I'm Cameron Gomez, an enthusiastic entry-level real estate investor relocating to Phoenix in the coming months. I'm reaching out to connect with like-minded investors who share an interest in House Hacking in Phoenix.

My primary focus is on multi-family real estate investing, and I'm eager to learn from those who have more experience in this field. I'm passionate about real estate and am always looking for ways to grow and improve my knowledge.

If you're looking for someone to discuss ideas with, share challenges and opportunities, or simply connect with a fellow investor in the area, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'd love to connect with others who share my enthusiasm for real estate and who are eager to build meaningful relationships.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post, and I look forward to connecting with you soon!

Cameron

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Thomson#1 House Hacking Contributor
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied May 11 2023, 13:19

@Cameron Gomez I would encourage you to go to local real estate investor meetups as well. You can search on Facebook, meetup.com, and bigger pockets. 

House Hacking is amazing. Here are some resources I found really helpful on my journey

1. For podcasts I really like the Huse Hacking episodes on Bigger Pockets Podcast and other channels. Here is a playlist with the best House Hacking Podcasts I’ve found: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/4A6uLsPfdWEMmJhG4TSjyb?si=743bb403548f47fb

2. Great beginners guide: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2022/08/Ultimate_Beginners_Guide_BiggerPockets.pdf

3. The Book on House Hacking Strategies by Bigger Pockets is also a fantastic book

4. Happy to talk if you want more advice

5. Connect with a realtor who understands house hacking and has invested themselves

6. Connect with a lender to see what you qualify for and how you can improve that situation

7. Go to local Real Estate meetups and learn from people there

House Hack Colorado Springs Logo

User Stats

Votes
Cameron Gomez
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 11 2023, 13:35

Thanks for your response, @Ryan Thomson!

I appreciate the tips and resources you provided. I'll definitely check out the House Hacking podcasts and the beginner's guide you recommended. Also, I completely agree with you that attending local real estate investor meetups is an excellent way to connect with other investors and learn more about the industry. I'll be sure to explore those options as well.

Thanks again for your helpful suggestions. I'll be sure to reach out if I have any questions or if I want to chat more about your experience with House Hacking.

Best regards, Cameron

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Gerardo Hernandez
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 16 2023, 10:44

@Cameron Gomez Pleasure to meet you! Im actually an investor and agent here in the phoenix area. Why don't we connect in person and go over some of your real estate goals! Would love chat and talk about real estate plus always good to keep like minded people around. 

User Stats

Votes
Cameron Gomez
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 16 2023, 12:25

@Gerardo Hernandez The pleasure is all mine, Gerardo! It's nice to see a like-minded individual in my soon-to-be-city and I can't wait to connect in person! Shoot me a DM and let's exchange contact information, I'd love to buy you a coffee and pick your brain. 

User Stats

Votes
Gerardo Hernandez
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 16 2023, 15:14

@Cameron Gomez cool just shot you a message

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Rodgers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Phoenix, AZ
Replied May 17 2023, 10:16

Hey @Cameron Gomez

Great to meet you, Phoenix is my home market as an investor/agent for the past 5 years.

I'm not sure when you're going to be in the city, but there's some great event I like going to. One is coming up on May 23 buyandholdevent.com, in Scottsdale, which is great to meet some like minded people in person.

Other than that, if you have questions on how to find properties or need any other connections in the city feel free to reach out.