Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Arsh M.
Votes |
Would an investor procure million(s) cash in order to close on a great deal?

Arsh M.
Posted Apr 5 2023, 13:08

If I got a great deal under contract for a cash purchase, but the purchase price is $1,000,000+, would the investor I'm looking to assign a contract to be willing or go through the effort of putting together $1M+ in order to close on a cash purchase? I realize the larger the asking amount for a cash transaction, the smaller the pool of buyers theoretically. But I'm not sure if that really has too big of an impact.

I want to wholesale less deals for larger assignments. Logically I would need to wholesale larger size projects in order to pull that off. Any wholesalers here that have this kind of strategy and could help shed some light?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Apr 5 2023, 17:19

@Arsh M.

Lots of $ out there $1M is not a lot of $ today for real estate and plenty people out there have it or could get it

User Stats

Votes
Arsh M.
Votes |
Replied Apr 5 2023, 20:47
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Arsh M.

Lots of $ out there $1M is not a lot of $ today for real estate and plenty people out there have it or could get it

But one could argue the deal is worth less if it requires the investor to tie up 1M for cash purchase when it could be borrowed instead, no? Though they’d be making more cash flow without principal and interest payments to worry about

am I right or wrong with that consideration?

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Eddinger
  • Meriden, CT
Votes |
  • Meriden, CT
Replied Apr 6 2023, 03:48

@Arsh M. - you source me a $1 Million plus deal and I would be happy to give you a hefty assignment.  I'm in CT but if you do it for me, stay out of Bridgeport, Hartford, and Waterbury.  I don't want to own in war zones.

User Stats

Votes
Arsh M.
Votes |
Replied Apr 6 2023, 07:41
Quote from @Samuel Eddinger:

@Arsh M. - you source me a $1 Million plus deal and I would be happy to give you a hefty assignment.  I'm in CT but if you do it for me, stay out of Bridgeport, Hartford, and Waterbury.  I don't want to own in war zones.

What’s your buy box? Exit strategy/ goal? 

User Stats

Votes
Samuel Eddinger
  • Meriden, CT
Votes |
  • Meriden, CT
Replied Apr 7 2023, 05:59
Quote from @Arsh M.:
Quote from @Samuel Eddinger:

What’s your buy box? Exit strategy/ goal? 

I don't have an exit strategy.  Most wealthy investors hold forever.  I'm looking for big apartment buildings in central CT, excluding Hartford and Waterbury.  I'd also buy mixed use if the majority use is apartments.

User Stats

Votes
Mark Munson
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Apr 7 2023, 06:56
Quote from @Arsh M.:
Quote from @Chris Seveney:

@Arsh M.

But one could argue the deal is worth less if it requires the investor to tie up 1M for cash purchase when it could be borrowed instead, no? Though they’d be making more cash flow without principal and interest payments to worry about

am I right or wrong with that consideration?

Why do they have to buy in cash? Tons of wholesale purchases, arguably the majority, are financed. 

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Apr 7 2023, 08:01

Investors around here do deals in that price range all the time. A friend of mine just picked up a $1.6M residential deal last week "cash"

I say "cash" because he probably put up ~$500k of his own personal capital. And the remaining $1.1M comes in the form of private equity or hard money. These groups are as good as cash though. They'll fund a multi million dollar deal in 24 hrs for experienced developers.