Fee

4 Replies

Hi, I'm just getting started at wholesaling. What should my fee be for locating properties? Is it based on a percentage model?

Nice to meet you @Steve Medina !

I'm a newer wholesaler myself and from what I've been reading / researching / told by other investors, it seems like the average is around $5,000, but the better the deal, the more you can ask for.

I would read as much as you can by Account Closed and other successful and experienced wholesalers. I think he recommends building in higher wholesale fee than you think when starting out because your repairs and/or ARV may be off when you're just getting started and learning how to estimate.

Here's Wendell's podcast with the guys from BP: BP Podcast 065: Creative Investing, Mistakes, and Bulletproof Vests with @Wendell De Guzman

Best of luck!

There is no standard fee or %. You price it for your end buyer at a price that makes it a good deal for them. How much you make depends on how much less you have the property under contract for.

Example

A house in "AS IS" condition is worth $70k to the average investor. If you have it under contract for $60K you make $10K. If you have it under contract for $45K you make $25K. If you have it under contract for $68K you make $2k.

How much you make is dependent on how good a deal you have. Now you might choose to take a little lower fee to mover the property faster. A good deal should sell in a week or two.

The hard part as a wholesaler is knowing what another investor will pay for a deal. You might check out J Scott's books here on BP to help with that.

That makes sense. Thanks for your comments, I'll look into it!

Can someone give me a snapshot or example on what their wholesale fee would be for a multi-unit deal?  Need an idea what to look for.

Thanks! 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here