• Investor
  • Merrillville, IN
Votes |
New guy that is HIGHLY interested in wholesaling

Chavis Atkins
  • Investor
  • Merrillville, IN
Posted May 8 2014, 13:00

Alright, well my name is Chavis Atkins from Merrillville, IN and I'm a new potential wholesale investor. I come from a background of sales with Comcast and a "ambulance chaser" working with chiropractic offices marketing their services to car accident victims. In general, I always been a road warrior dealing with people. But then I got laid off and my best friend that has always been interested in real estate hit me up about a company called Renatus. From there, I have the desire and determination to make it as a REI.

So I came across biggerpockets due to one of the guys on a webinar with Renatus and he said that here there is bunch of information that new potential investors can get beforehand starting Renatus courses. Anyway, off of Renatus... I bought a e-book from a guy called Marcel Umphrey and he opened my eyes to wholesaling. Now the e-book is nice and I got information from it but my reading through these forums have added upon what I've learned throught that e-book and to get more help from Marcel cost over 1k to even talk to him which I'm in no position to do. So tonight, I'm going to a REIA meeting in my area (Merrillville, IN) to network with some people.

Now for the point of my post. I am doing what Marcel calls "Cruzin4cash" which is driving around and looking for distressed or condemned homes to contact their absentee owners to see if they are looking to sell their home. But other than that... I get the process about the contract/assigning of the home to you for a particular amount of time and looking for a buyer thereafter but there is more to it in the mix than that. Like how to even get in contact with the absentee owner (I know of mail but I'm a good communicator and rather deal with these folk the route of calling them) by phone and then the whole evaluating the deal (good deal or bad deal or ARV). It seems to even start wholesaling as a true beginner... it costs over 500 bucks to just start.

I got to get a LLC, a insurance agent, a real estate agent, a contractor, EIN, buy skip tracing stuff that more than likely not have the correct information of the absentee owner and all sorts of mess that I'm not completely clear of. As I said earlier that I will be going to a REIA meeting tonight but the people there may not have the answers I'm looking for so I want to get some real advice or 1 on 1/2 on 1/ 5 on 1 discussion on the things I need to start wholesaling around the Merrillville, Crown Point, Highland, Hammond, East Chicago and Griffith, Indiana spots. I honestly am sincere and willing to accept criticism on any mistakes or lessons I need to learn. Help please!

Loading replies...