Wholesaling Marketing Strategy (what works in your area?)

10 Replies

I have been marketing to get some leads with bandit sign campaign. I have done about 25 signs a week for the past three weeks and I only got one call. I thought the response rate for bandit sign would be around 10%. So now I will adding direct mail campaign with my bandit signs to see if I can get more leads. I want to know what is working for you in your area? How are you getting most of your leads?

Bandit sign I am using is yellow sings hand written

We Buy Houses

CASH - Any Condition

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Hi Senay,

I have been using craiglist's to get seller leads. I have been targeting FSBO and get

some leads this way.

Good Luck,

Jay

Mailings have been the best producer of leads for me. I liked starting with bandit signs tho, they got me used to talking with sellers and people were calling me to network.

Like @Russell Ponce said mailings are usually the best way to get leads coming in. Bandit signs can work well depending on their location and how easy they are to read from a distance. With direct mail you are getting your advertising right in front of a potential seller..you aren't waiting or hoping for them to drive by, stop, and write down your number.

Have a targeted list...absentee owners, inheritance, divorce, etc and mail to them consistently with yellow letters or postcards.

@Jay Thackerson Do you find that 9 out of 10 "FBO'S" are actually wholesalers and not property owners?

Position yourself so the deals find you from your marketing. Targeted direct mail was the game changer for me..

Originally posted by @Armegi Gil :
@Jay Thackerson Do you find that 9 out of 10 "FBO'S" are actually wholesalers and not property owners?

That's what I've noticed.

Originally posted by @Senay Baraki :
I have been marketing to get some leads with bandit sign campaign. I have done about 25 signs a week for the past three weeks and I only got one call. I thought the response rate for bandit sign would be around 10%. So now I will adding direct mail campaign with my bandit signs to see if I can get more leads. I want to know what is working for you in your area? How are you getting most of your leads?

Bandit sign I am using is yellow sings hand written

We Buy Houses

CASH - Any Condition

xxx-xxx-xxxx

What size are your signs? 18x24 are the "standard". And also.... "WE BUY HOUSES" is generic...What separates your "we buy houses" signs from all the other 92? ....use a different message... and location is everything... you need those bad boys to be seen by as many people as possible!

Direct mail is REALLY good... word of advice though.. everyone starts with the absentee owners list from listsource... that demographic is saturated.. dig deep.. target leads that require work.. that 9 out of 10 other wholesalers aren't doing.. thats what im in the process of doing now... and i've seen how it worked out from the results from my last mailer.

@Armegi Gil,

It is true that you do run into wholesalers for sbo's , it is not always the case. I would say

3 out of 10 is more like what I have seen.

Good Luck,

Jay

@Noel Lumbo great advice! Definitely try to find lead sources that take a bit of work to get the leads and then send them a mailer. Less competition equals more deals.

I know signs have been mentioned a lot but I would also recommend a website targeting your local area. Get organic leads using SEO or do PPC ads instead.  Its cost effective if your already spending money on signs, mailers, etc. I think incorporating them all in your strategy would give the best results.

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.