wholesaling?...

13 Replies

What are the strategies for finding wholesale opportunities? Any advice on creating a buyers list?

The best direction I have found on the forums would be targeted direct mail to find motivated sellers. As far as buyers the best way would be to find your local REI club.

@Sean Phillips   when you say targeted, what exactly do you mean?  How do you find the "targets"?  

Steven

For sellers: direct mail, bandit signs, networking with other wholesalers, Craigslist, social media/Internet marketing, telling everyone you come in contact with what you do, etc etc 

For buyers: Local investors club, call for rent signs, mail to rental license holders in your state, Craigslist, networking with other real estate professionals, etc

@Steven Velez  I think he means absentee owners, divorce, probate, inheritance, etc type of lists. They are just leads where you have the best chance of finding motivated sellers. 

thanks @Tim Leslie 

How would one go about finding these lists?

Steven

Yes I meant targeted as in the different leads one can generate with public records.

There are some really good Podcasts about this topic. A few good ones are:

Michael Quarles
Jerry Puckett
Jason Grote
Sharon Vornholt

To name a few. They will have you on the right track in no time.

Freedom Soft is a good software to have for pulling lists.

For more targeted lists you can create and purchase a list on www.listsource.com

Originally posted by @Najeriq Mentor:

Freedom Soft is a good software to have for pulling lists.

For more targeted lists you can create and purchase a list on www.listsource.com

Great Resources...!!!

I am very new to all this, from my understanding, you do not really need capital or credit to begin wholesailing?

I recommend www.listsource.com

You could sift out properties with this service. I say it's definitely worth the purchase price of each list.

Bijanh

You could find cash buyers in some REIA clubs, ask realtors for cash purchases in the last months, call for rent signs, and also other business networking events with owners.

Listsource.com is the easiest. You can target whatever demographic you choose there. It is definitely worth the cost per list. I have had the most success with absentee owners. 

For buyers, I would network with people here on BP as well as attend your local REIA.

Christopher Salazar

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.