I just ordered a few books..any other suggestions??

6 Replies

Hello BP family,

I just purchased " The Real Estate Wholesaling Bible: The Fastest, Easiest Way to Get Started in Real Estate Investing" and " How to Win Friend & Influence People" ..are there any other morsels of knowledge or must have books that I need to have??

All feedback is greatly appreciated!!

You can try some of these books.  Its a great list that Brandon put together.

http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/2013/04/14/best-real-estate-books/

Inc. & Grow Rich by C.W. Allen ISBN # 0-9671871-0-9

CashFlow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki

Thick face / Black Heart by Chin-Ning Chu ISBN # 0-929638-28-1  ... this one will change your life.

The Art of War by Sun Tzu

Not a book; but I suggest you learn to play Chess !! 

The Fred Factor by Mark Sanborn..It's a quick read, but inspiring!  It's not a RE book, but a book about how passion in your work and life can turn ordinary to extraordinary!!

The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Gary Keller and Dave Jenks

It's on Brandons list and recommended repeatedly in the Podcasts. It is great for looking at the big picture and really setting yourself up for long term success. Not an in depth study of one little niche.

I second The Millionaire Real Estate Investor by Keller - this one is good for establishing the the big "why" you want to invest and mapping out what your end goals are so that you get started right.

Also What Every Real Estate Investor Needs to Know About Cash Flow by Gallinelli - if your a numbers person, this one is for you. Even if you're not big into numbers, this book is essential as it lays out all the different financial terms you see thrown out on BP such as cash-on-cash return, NOI, cap rates, GRM, etc. After reading this book along with learning about the 50% rule on BP, I felt like l could analyze any deal.

Thanks for all the info guys..

Darrie...it sounds like we have the same books...I have read " The Art Of War"...will try " Thick Face/ Black Heart..

and per two votes I will get " The Millionaire Real Estate Investor "

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.