Does anyone do contingencies based on them finding a buyer ?

5 Replies

I was wondering if anyone put a contingency clause in their PA when they get a wholesale deal under contract in case they don't find a buyer. I remember in Rich Dad Poor Dad he said his contingency would be "based on partners approval" which really meant it was based on him finding a buyer. Is this still common ?

If someone is dumb enough to accept that, sure.

@Cierra Seay   Wholesaling should be done with full disclosure, and saying it requires a partner's approval is stretching the truth a bit far in most cases. In spite of what most people might think, integrity and reputation are very important in business of any kind.

Thank you @Walt Payne I totally agree with on the importance of integrity and reputation. I appreciate it sir. 

I have used the partner approval clause. My partner is my funding partner.. my cash buyer.  I also let them know my funding partner will be needing to stop buy for a quick peak.. inspection.. in a few days.

I also use an inspection clause.

Thank you for the insight Gary I really appreciate it. I would think there would be nothing wrong with it because technically my cash buyer/partner has to approve in order for the deal to go through. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.