Does anyone do contingencies based on them finding a buyer ?

Does anyone do contingencies based on them finding a buyer ?

Residential Real Estate Agent · Eastpointe, MI · Member since 2014 · 231 posts · 52 votes

I was wondering if anyone put a contingency clause in their PA when they get a wholesale deal under contract in case they don't find a buyer. I remember in Rich Dad Poor Dad he said his contingency would be "based on partners approval" which really meant it was based on him finding a buyer. Is this still common ?

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 111 posts · 76 votes
12y

I have used the partner approval clause. My partner is my funding partner.. my cash buyer.  I also let them know my funding partner will be needing to stop buy for a quick peak.. inspection.. in a few days.

I also use an inspection clause.

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    12y

    If someone is dumb enough to accept that, sure.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sebastian, FL · Member since 2014 · 812 posts · 432 votes
    12y

    @Cierra Seay  Wholesaling should be done with full disclosure, and saying it requires a partner's approval is stretching the truth a bit far in most cases. In spite of what most people might think, integrity and reputation are very important in business of any kind.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Eastpointe, MI · Member since 2014 · 231 posts · 52 votes
    12y

    Thank you @Walt Payne I totally agree with on the importance of integrity and reputation. I appreciate it sir. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2013 · 111 posts · 76 votes
    12y

    I have used the partner approval clause. My partner is my funding partner.. my cash buyer.  I also let them know my funding partner will be needing to stop buy for a quick peak.. inspection.. in a few days.

    I also use an inspection clause.

  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Eastpointe, MI · Member since 2014 · 231 posts · 52 votes
    12y

    Thank you for the insight Gary I really appreciate it. I would think there would be nothing wrong with it because technically my cash buyer/partner has to approve in order for the deal to go through. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.