Middletown, CT · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
I'm new to the real estate business. The business cards are out. Im knowledgeable about properties. plenty of land in Ct that would love to be developed. Whats the best way to find that serious investor to work side by side to make things happen?
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
12y
Find a great deal and get it under contract. The rest is easy -- in this market, there are lots of qualified investor buyers who will be eager to buy something where the numbers are strong.
Middletown, CT · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
12y
wow you make it sound so easy. How can I come across the ready and willing buyer. So your saying contract the deal with the seller and then go from there?
Rehabber · Niantic, CT · Member since 2012 · 443 posts · 150 votes
12y
Welcome, @Clifford Ross . I believe you understood it correctly - if you find a great deal, you'll have no problem finding a buyer. You probably wouldn't have to go farther than Bigger Pockets, in fact. It would seriously be that easy if you found a legitimately great deal.
The catch? It takes a lot of work to find a deal. I've lost track of how many would-be wholesalers have either talked a big game about the deals they were going to find, or presented a project where the numbers or the situation (i.e. terrible layout or neighborhood) made no sense.
Staten Island, NY · Member since 2014 · 32 posts · 13 votes
12y
I would recommend networking as the first step. I am new to wholesaling as well. My first step is going to meetups and REIA meetings. (meetups are usually free, which is good for beginners.) I have contacted some active members on BP who live in my area. I feel like if they see my hunger to succeed they will be more likely to help mentor me and point me in the right direction. Hope it helps and see you on the other side of our first deal.
wow you make it sound so easy. How can I come across the ready and willing buyer. So your saying contract the deal with the seller and then go from there?
Yup, finding a buyer will be very easy if you can find the great deals. Now, finding the great deals is very, very, very, very difficult, especially for new investors who don't know where to look and what to look for.
My recommendation would be to focus on learning the BUY side of the deal. If you can achieve that, you'll find the SELL side is simple enough.