wholesaling mobile homes??!!

2 Replies

hi my name is Austin Richey. I work for a mobile home maintenance company and I was wondering have any of our mobile home investors out there ever wholesaled a manufactured home. If so please leave your experience and advice to a beginner wholesaler such as myself.

Thanks in advance,

Austin

Mobiles are a somewhat precious commodity right now in Texas anyway. The oil workers' need for accommodations in the field is significantly impacting prices here. If you can find mobiles to buy - selling wouldn't be a problem. A while back one of the BP Podcasts was regarding mobiles. I look forward to seeing the responses and learn what is happening with this segment in other markets.

Austin, I've wholesaled mobile homes before. It is definitely a different beast than normal houses or property (unless you are talking about a mobile home on land). Bottom line is, you can wholesale anything, get it cheap, mark it up a little (or a lot if you got a great deal), leave some meat on the bone for your end buyer, rinse repeat. 

IMO you should find a buyer who will buy your mobile homes, then find your motivated sellers and get a quote from your buyer so you know how much the market is actually paying for that product. In my area mobile homes go CHEAP. I think the last one I sold wholesale I bought it for like 3k and sold it for like 6k. 

Hope that helps.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here