• Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Country Club Hills, IL
Votes |
Wholesale 101....Brain Surgery... or just not connecting the dots

Remy Balogun
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Country Club Hills, IL
Posted Oct 8 2014, 07:38

I attended local networking event on Wholesale 101 last night. A very good networking event in my opinion, the presenters appear to be very knowledgeable and all on top of their games. They offered great ideas and tips on how to get started on Wholesaling, i.e. Where to find deals; buy cheap, focus on the buyers, the importance of marketing etc...  etc...... 

The event was very informative and the presenters made the Wholesaling process appear very easy, probably to get everyone motivated.

The problem for me however, is that while I do get the concept, there is still a disconnect between what I think I know and what it takes to do a deal.  Even after this “Anatomy of Wholesale” event, the process still feels like brain surgery, I am not just connecting the dots.   My gut tells me that we have not even began to scratch the surface in this two hour session let alone be ready for deals, yet that is how most of these guys presumably got started.  I suspect that some of the other attendees in the room felt the same way as I did but just wouldn't say because ta presenter mentioned a couple times in the presentation that one can actually start putting a deal together right away and was even willing to add people to his  list.

Of course, I am still going to do more research, however I’d like to start with the best brains in the business.

My questions to all of you veterans in the business are as follows::

Is wholesaling as easy as it seems?

What does it really takes to start?

How was your experience getting started? What would you have done differently and;

What are the critical success factors or pitfalls in wholesaling?

Thank you for sharing.

Loading replies...