What is the best way to do a co-wholesale?

6 Replies

I've been investing on my personal portfolio and doing wholesale deals for a while, but I've always sourced my properties so I do not work much on the co-wholesale side. What is the best way to go about co-wholesaling? normally verbal agreements are common but trying to move a property when there is no real vested interest and pinky promises are not exactly part of my professional protocol .. any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Thanks

Rafael Cortez

I would have a written agreement with you and the other wholesaler. Also, I wouldnt usually let that wholesaler do any marketing for the property, as that can lead to just other wholesalers getting involved then your in a daisy chain nightmare. Cowholesale if that wholesaler has a buyer that they can bring to the table right away. Split the fee 80/20 :) or 50/50 depending on how nice you are. 

This post has been removed.

We use a (flex) option contract. Basically makes them a partner in the transaction giving them and only them the right to sell/market the property. It goes on the hud and the money gets dispersed accordingly. 

I think Nathan's got it right.

Hello @Rafael Cortez  

Just last week I co-wholesaled a property in Phoenix AZ. The wholesaler had the property under contract, but I had the cash buyer. At the close of escrow, he sent me $5000. So it's nice working on deals with other wholesalers

Sometimes I have cash buyers but no deals.
Sometimes I have deals but no cash buyer.
It's always nice having other people who have the same endeavors as you.

Feel free to send me an email: [email protected]  

So, Nathan

Do you still fill out an A to B and a B to C contract along with the flex option agreement?

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.