• Chicago, IL
Votes |
Newbies BEWARE!!

Shante Harris
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Oct 13 2014, 12:30

A Bit Of Encouragement For Newbie Wholesalers

Hey guys. So, it has come to my attention that there are some folks out there who do not think that some newbies are performing their duties ethically. They believe that these newbies are hurting people in order to get deals and using this business venture as some sort of "get rick quick" scheme. While this may be true for some, this is not the case for others however we are all (being a newbie myself) being labeled as such.

This forum is not all peaches and cream. Yeah, you will have some folks that will help you, answer your questions, and connect with you as a colleague. But there is more to this site then meets the eye. As with any business, you have to develop a thick skin, to ward off any bad vibes or negativity that may come your way. I have another business out side of this one and it took me a long time realize that not everyone was my friend no matter how nice I was to them. Any industry where you are going at it alone will chew you up and spit you out like bad lunchmeat. That doesn't mean you should give up. If you are passionate about something, you have to keep going. Respect will be given because they will have no choice but to give it to you, when you prove that you are not just some "fly by night" business owner.

Granted, there are a few bad apples of the bunch out there spoiling it up for the rest of us true business owners who desire to start long lasting thriving careers of this. However, when someone puts you in that category, it would be best to brush it off and let work ethic speak for itself. You won't be able to please everyone, nor should you try. No matter how nice you think you are being it is never enough for some people who have already labeled you as beneath them. And, if you are in any way, "attacked" on this forum by some "vets" who figure you are mudding up the real estate industry, simply step over them and keep moving. There is no reason why you should be put down, discouraged, or casted out simply because you chose to go at this profession through one avenue over another. 

No one is perfect. But if you know that you are trying to create a great business then don't let anything or anyone hold you back. Life is too short to sing your should've, could've, would'ves and their opinions are just that...OPINIONS. 

They don't know you, cannot judge you, and do not know your background. Keep your head up newbies. They were once new at some point in time and maybe someone thought they were insignificant just as they think of us. Your work ethic will speak volume. Go Get 'Em!

Loading replies...