Wholesaling as a strategy

7 Replies

Anyone interested in wholesaling will benefit from the following link. http://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/517/topics/157...

I consider it a must read for new investors thinking of getting started as wholesalers - because he taught me to view wholesaling as one of many tools, not as a strategy for launching my real estate career. I took it a step further and had a phone conference with the author where he volunteered a wealth of information including specific examples related to my situation. Starting the conversation I was skeptical, as we are speaking with someone for the first time, however, it ended with a feeling of empowerment and confidence. In a pinch with a deal I believe this is someone with experience to call for a solution.

Talk to me Korey.  I'd love to hear what direction this conversation pointed you in.

@ Joe 

It encouraged me to think outside the box. I heard about creative deal structuring but its kinda been more of a myth - Nothing concrete. My most creative experience was hard money deals. We hear no money down, buying without the banks, lease options and so on but no one around me has done one. I'm interested in wholesaling as a way to build reserves starting out but after a few deals didn't work I quickly noticed I needed more options to profit in this market or I needed to expect only a slow flow of positive deals.  The post I linked to was my second encounter with the term transaction engineer and it validated my idea that with the knowledge and network to do creative deals I can get in the game...

Any advise for someone starting out with low reserves?

Lot's of advice.  Everyone here has it.

For me, everything you mentioned (questioned) is being questioned by many all the time.  You also gave the most important answer you could have, when you mentioned the "box".

Do you know what the "box" represents?...and why and when they refer to "thinking outside of it".

Can't say that I do. I use it to mean think different from the majority. What does it mean to you and your program?

Knowledge...and when others say you are thinking outside the box, they are referring to "their" box...or their knowledge.

The only thing in life that has no limits...ist the size of your box...so, never stop growing it.

Originally posted by @Joe Villeneuve :

Knowledge...and when others say you are thinking outside the box, they are referring to "their" box...or their knowledge.

The only thing in life that has no limits...ist the size of your box...so, never stop growing it.

Very good advice and an excellent way of looking at it.

Thank you! That's a new way of looking at the boxes... 

What are your thoughts... My goal is to locate a seller and connect them with a buyer by the end of January. First I'm thinking find a real estate attorney to handle the contracts... Next, I'm wondering where to start. At this time I don't want to hold any property. I want to gain experience working a few deals for active investors with plans to acquire one or two by of my own by the end of 2015. Not looking for anything to complex - what type of creative opportunity situations should I look for?

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here