How do I Present Contract?

5 Replies

I am new in wholesaling here in Georgia and wondering after finding the seller and placing an offer.., How do I present the contract to the Seller? Do I deliver it in person, meet at a Title company??? Or what?

Thanks for any help?

@Forest Williams  I am assuming that you are referring to the actual seller and not the end buyer correct? If you are not making your offer in person with a contract in hand then use email or fax. You want to have a signed contract BEFORE you meet at a title company or start to market the property. If you advertise for a property that you don't have under contract you are setting yourself up to get taken advantage of. If you are just starting out I would advise networking and building a buyer's list before you "lock up" properties. 

The best way to present a contract to a seller is to deliver it in person.  Presumably at this point you've already established a rapport with the seller and have verbally agreed on the contract terms.  Present the offer directly to the seller, that way you can walk them through it, answer any questions, and, most importantly, get it SIGNED!

Thank You, 

I am finding the seller then assigning contract to buyers/investors. 

As @Robert Williams  mentioned, you want to present the contract in person.  If the sellers can do it in person, then do it.  Otherwise, email/fax/overnight  it -- whatever is fastest, then follow up with a phone call and walk through it together. 

Best of luck,

Rick

If you are able to meet with the seller, I'm not sure I would "present a contract". I would try to negotiate a deal THEN sit with them and write up a contract. By talking to them, you can find out a lot more what they really need and the contract may take a whole new shape. You'd be surprised how quickly $90,000 cash can turn into -- Take property Sub2 with a loan balance of $86k plus drop-off a u-haul trailer and give them $1,000 cash for a security deposit on a new place.

Get the Ultimate Beginner's Guide