When to use Title Company ??

8 Replies

Hey BP,

I'm looking to begin a marketing campaign the beginning of next month to begin wholesaling here in Long Island, NY.

I just needed to know at what point during the process do you get a title company involved.  

Do I get one to hold my deposit in escrow with a seller, or are they used just for closing?  

Thanks in advance!!

You need to get with an investor friendly title company as soon as you ohave a contract. they will be the ones doing all the requirements for the closing, title search, and all other items. You will also need to give them the EMD to hold in escrow

Originally posted by @Leonard Bradley :

Hey BP,

I'm looking to begin a marketing campaign the beginning of next month to begin wholesaling here in Long Island, NY.

I just needed to know at what point during the process do you get a title company involved.  

Do I get one to hold my deposit in escrow with a seller, or are they used just for closing?  

Thanks in advance!!

Good Luck Leonard.  Definitely find a title attorney first since you have to close at a title attorney in NY and I have had a number of deals screwed up by title companies that didn't know what they were doing.  

Thanks David.  Would I pretty much just be using the title attorney for closing? @David Bateman  

Thanks David.  Would I pretty much just be using the title attorney for closing? @David Bateman 

Yes. You'll have them run title and confirm that any all encumbrances are cleared prior to closing ensuring you have clean title to the property.  

Hey BP,

Thanks in advance!!

Hello Leonard...I am a representative for Greenwave Abstract. We are located in Long Island in Merrick. Please contact me if you want to hear more details.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here