Knocking on doors

5 Replies

Has anyone tried knocking on the door to the owner of a vacant property? Pros? Cons?

Results vary due to the word VACANT. I always put an yellow and black or black and white, "I will buy this house today if the owner will call me at 000-000-0000" yard sign by the sidewalk, and it has gotten me a call back about 46% of the time. In small print below the caption I also state that the person who gets the owner to call me will get a $100 bill the day I sign the contract.  This is told to the neighbors as well since they usually have a general idea of what's going on... just an idea.

Thanks Kevin. I actually meant knocking on the door of the address listed for tax purposes.

Originally posted by @Kevin Cook :

Results vary due to the word VACANT. I always put an yellow and black or black and white, "I will buy this house today if the owner will call me at 000-000-0000" yard sign by the sidewalk, and it has gotten me a call back about 46% of the time. In small print below the caption I also state that the person who gets the owner to call me will get a $100 bill the day I sign the contract.  This is told to the neighbors as well since they usually have a general idea of what's going on... just an idea.

Hahaha you just got that tip of the day stolen!!! That is awesome bro. I always keep blank yellow signs in my trunk. I have a 4plexbin my town that I have probably sent then enters 10 letters and nothing. Thank for this great idea 

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here