Building a buyers list from MLS

Building a buyers list from MLS

Real Estate Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2015 · 15 posts · 0 votes

I get the whole idea of how to build a buyers list from the MLS. The part I'm having trouble with is getting the buyers name/number/ address. I was told to go to the county tax accessor office website, didn't work for me. I've also used the property tax search on the MLS, no luck.

0Reply
10 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jeff G.Pro Member
    Investor · Wethersfield, CT · Member since 2013 · 371 posts · 191 votes
    11y

    Hi,

    There is is a quick way to get that information.

    This gives you the physical location and sets your criteria. Adjust these as your situation dictates:

    • Go to http://www.listsource.com/
    • Build a list of single family, duplex, triplex, and quads in your area of interest.
    • Make sure to get both owner occupied and absentee owned.
    • Make sure mailing address and property address are complete.

    This gets you the cash buyers:

    • Then, set the last sale date to 6 months in the past.
    • Set the equity to 91-100% equity.

    Presto, you have a cash buyers list. You may have to play with a few settings to get the list you want, but that's basically it. Mail them a letter letting them know you sell houses at steep discounts similar to the one they just bought on 123 Main St.

    That's how a lot of people build their buyers list. In fact, I think @jvmccall covered this procedure on a recent podcast of his.

    ~Jeff

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.