I get the whole idea of how to build a buyers list from the MLS. The part I'm having trouble with is getting the buyers name/number/ address. I was told to go to the county tax accessor office website, didn't work for me. I've also used the property tax search on the MLS, no luck.
There is is a quick way to get that information.
This gives you the physical location and sets your criteria. Adjust these as your situation dictates:
- Go to http://www.listsource.com/
- Build a list of single family, duplex, triplex, and quads in your area of interest.
- Make sure to get both owner occupied and absentee owned.
- Make sure mailing address and property address are complete.
This gets you the cash buyers:
- Then, set the last sale date to 6 months in the past.
- Set the equity to 91-100% equity.
Presto, you have a cash buyers list. You may have to play with a few settings to get the list you want, but that's basically it. Mail them a letter letting them know you sell houses at steep discounts similar to the one they just bought on 123 Main St.
That's how a lot of people build their buyers list. In fact, I think @jvmccall covered this procedure on a recent podcast of his.
You must be a BiggerPockets member to post on the forums
Join the world's largest, most open Real Estate Investing Community online, 100% free forever!