Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Uyenchi Ho
  • Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
Have seller who wants to sell to me about 50 properties - what to do?

Uyenchi Ho
  • Investor
  • San Jose, CA
Posted Jan 15 2015, 23:48

I have a 2-fold question:

Currently I have a seller (also an investor, I'm sure) who wants to sell to me about 50 of his properties.  I asked if any of his properties are listed and he said no. This is true, I looked it up. I looked up his profile and this guy owns like half of Northern California.  So my question is how do I approach this? Do I go through one property by one property (will be extremely time consuming to physically inspect all the properties since they spread all over the Bay Area - and that I'm still working full-time at my current job - and make each offer one by one?  This seller doesn't seem like a distressed seller (and I admit this is an extremely important factor in making wholesaling work), but I'm hoping that because he's selling in bulk, I can still get a great deal - or 50 great deals - for my cash buyers.  First question: should I even waste my time on this since he's not a distressed seller? 

Question 2: Let's say I pursue these properties, I have a list of about 15 cash buyers who are waiting for me to bring them deals (I have one who owns 500 plus properties and said he's waiting for me to bring him more.  He said he can buy a lot of properties with all cash, so I would bring these deals to him first.)  Based on what I've read on BP, I've learned that I shouldn't bring any properties to my cash buyers unless I actually have them under contract.  My fear of getting these 50 (or even 20) properties under contract and my cash buyers don't want them.   I don't want to be stuck with 20 contracts/properties. How do you recommend I approach this situation? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  

Thank you.

Loading replies...