Wholesale direct mail

5 Replies

We have read that the best direct marketing mail campaign is to mail to each address multiple times. Is it best to use the same mailing piece for each mailing?

I use the same piece for the first 2-3 touches then I change the letter to be a bit more personable like "I have sent you a few letters in regards to your home at...." then I will send them a post card or 2 then try using Lumpy mail because CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT so they will definitely want to see whats in the envelope.  Mail campaigns are all about testing your campaigns for what works and what doesnt.  Keep track of every number... Calls, who calls, response rate, close rate...

Question On this topic ... Im new and trying to get my first mail going but there are so many categories where do i start ??/what are the best list to look for when going to get list and where do I get them the recorders office ? looking for absentee home buyers and what other categories ? any help is greatly appreciated :)   

Is anyone sending to vacant home owners that are out of state or in state with direct mail if yes are you getting responses. Also if you are, what are you using post cards, yellow letters etc. Thank you

Michelle

David - To answer your question.  No, switch up your mail pieces throughout your campaign.  Some people respond better to handwritten letters, while others like typed, professional letters.  Also, it's great when each mail piece builds off the last letter that you sent, like a conversation.

Originally posted by @Anita Walter :

Question On this topic ... Im new and trying to get my first mail going but there are so many categories where do i start ??/what are the best list to look for when going to get list and where do I get them the recorders office ? looking for absentee home buyers and what other categories ? any help is greatly appreciated :)   

Thanks for asking this question. It motvated me to write this post as an answer:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/93/topics/263682-advice-for-new-wholesalers

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.