Wholesalers! What do you wear when you go to view a possible deal?

7 Replies

Wholesalers! What do you wear when you go to view a possible deal and meet the owner?

Just curious....Are you suited up? business casual ? casual?

When I was knocking on doors, I'd dress down and wear jeans. I wanted to be on the same level as the seller and not try to trump him/her and make them feel inferior.

Wear casual clothes.......unless going to really expensive homes, probably wear suits.

@James Cloman  

Wonderful question James!  Dress for success is my response to your question. Whatever that looks like in your mind is how you can decide on the appropriate attire for you. Presentation is important in just about every thing.  

Many people believe that casual dress is appropriate for every occasion and others prefer a more formal look depending on the situation. Who really knows what you should wear better than you?  

How you feel and how you want to present yourself to others is up to you. It is quite impossible to know what another person will or does think about your choice of clothing unless you ask them. So go forward in confidence by making your own decision to dress for the success you see yourself achieving. 

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I figured I'd go business casual. I'm a younger guy, its a bit more difficult to talk with old home owners about buying their home when I look like I just got out of college. Not sure if anyone else had these problems 

what about a dress shirt with a tie, jeans, and brown or black dress shoes? For non luxury home deals. 

Originally posted by @James Cloman :

I appreciate everyone's feedback. I figured I'd go business casual. I'm a younger guy, its a bit more difficult to talk with old home owners about buying their home when I look like I just got out of college. Not sure if anyone else had these problems 

I come across this problem when talking with agents / sellers on prospective properties all the time. 

I know of at least 1 deal, for a fact, that I lost because the owner wasn't convinced I could close on the deal. But I still like to believe it's because they weren't motivated enough to sell.

Nevertheless, I still do me. 

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.