Skip to content
Wholesaling

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Britton
  • Ann Arbor, MI
Votes |
Wholesaling in a white hot RE marketplace.

Patrick Britton
  • Ann Arbor, MI
Posted Apr 30 2015, 10:47

I've been doing a fair bit of marketing to find properties at discounts and have received a good number of call backs.  the trouble is that all these people want fair market value, no matter how seemingly desperate they are to sell and no matter their condition.  Before you berate my marketing efforts you should know that in my area the inventory for SFRs is just over 1 month.  yup - home sell that fast here. 

so my question is this, would it be better to be a licensed broker and seek listings than a wholesaler seeking amazing deals in a market like the one i'm in? 

My gut feeling is yes based on my observation that wholesaling is quite popular in areas where prices are "low" or inventory is normal to somewhat high.  I'm thinking of areas in Florida, the entire Midwest, parts of AZ, NV and some NE states.  I don't see a lot of wholesaling activity in Manhattan, Key West, San Francisco, or the more desirable parts of Miami, DC, Seattle, Honolulu, Chicago, LA, etc.  in fact, there seems to be a direct correlation between wholesaling activity and average home price (an inverse correlation to be exact.) 

i'm curious to hear the opinions of others on this topic, especially real estate brokers. 

Loading replies...