Tips on how to word Craigslist ads

2 Replies

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could give some advice on keywords to use when posting your For sale properties to Craigslist? I've been posting one of my deals for a couple days and haven't had too many hits.

Thanks,

Hey Anthony,

A lot of investors that scour Craigslist for deals usually search for a couple of keywords to locate potential deals versus reading through the endless listings that are posted each day. Also make sure that you actually have a deal! If you haven't gotten a response, it could be because the numbers don't work.

Here are a couple of tips to help your post get noticed:

- Post often! While most investors use keywords to search, some do actually look through the newest listings to find deals.

- Insert keywords at the bottom of your listing. You can add as many of these as you want. Consider keywords such as "as-is, handyman special, investor special, quick close, fast sale" or any other creative keywords that help convey your message.

- Include plenty of good pictures with your posting. Some folks will pass right over a posting that doesn't have any pictures.

Also, many REIA groups are setup on meetup.com and you can often times send a mass email to these groups with your property info. This would be a good way to find a buyer quickly.

If all else fails, you can always do a joint venture with another wholesaler and split a portion of your profit. Some money is better than no money!

Good luck!

Make sure you don't sound desperate to sell. What you have is a good deal that will be picked up quickly. 

I know of a mobile home that wasn't selling well and it was a matter of wording. It went from negative wording such as 'must sell' and 'reduced price' in capital letters. Instead focus on what the home has to offer in the community. For example 

"Welcome to your new home resting in a beautiful community boasting 35 acres of winding roads, big, beautiful oak trees, in a quiet country setting! Share the shade and friendly atmosphere with a children's playground, Clubhouse and beautiful pond. 

Plenty of room for you and the family! With 3 spacious bedrooms and large open kitchen perfect for the family at the end of a long day. Kids done with homework? Let them spend some time at the community game room playing the Wii or trying their skills with some are hockey or playing a game of billiards!

We offer financing for all credit types, affordable down payments, and will work hard to find a way to make this house your new home.

If you want a quiet, peaceful living experience for your family, This is definitely the place you want to be. What could be better than this home located on Main Street in Thonotosassa, conveniently located just 3 miles from I-75 and 4 miles from I-4?

Call us today before this home is gone. With features like this it won't last long. Close before end of this month and we will include a 27" flat screen TV! Bonus for referrals and discount for Cash Buyers!"

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.