wholesale

5 Replies

whats the best way to start building a buyer and seller list for wholesaling?

Originally posted by @Leonard Gilbert :

whats the best way to start building a buyer and seller list for wholesaling?

Thank you for taking the first step in changing your life. This is what we are here for. 

You build your buyers list when you get your first property under contract. As for sellers I would drive around and look for beat up houses. Als the neighbors of they have the #of the owner. 

@Leonard Gilbert

Leonard,

To build and find motivated sellers, I would do a direct mail campaign by sending out about 2500 letters (500 per week) to seller's in a target area that you are interested in.  You can buy a list from various websites. You can write the letters yourself, or have a company mail them.

Once you have a property under contract, I would a find a Broker to look up all of the houses with a 1/2 mile radius or so that were bought for Cash in the last year. Then I would look up the owners of those houses, and send them a flyer stating that you have a house you are selling in that area. This will slowly build your Buyers list. You can also find investors at you local real estate investors meeting (Those are good cash buyers to network with), and network with members on Biggerpockets who buy in your area. 

Thanks and Good luck,

Brett

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.

By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.