Jonathan Loynaz
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Direct mailers not receiving expected returns

Jonathan Loynaz
  • Miami, FL
Posted Jun 12 2015, 09:17

Hey everybody,

So my girlfriend and I recently started our direct mail campaign to an absentee list we got off listsource.

1st touch consisted of small yellow postcards provided by yellowletters.com. We added ourselves on the list to make sure when they were sending out and how long it took to get them. Not sure what happened but we never got them and only received 5 calls of a list of 712. We brushed it off and kept going.

2nd touch consisted of completely hand written yellow letters and envelopes. We still received the same return. 

Our 3rd touch will consist of a typed letter ourselves and how the home owner can benefit from selling to us. We'll be getting ready to send these by the end of June.

None of the calls we received we motivated sellers. They all wanted 5-10% even 20% above market value.

Is it possible the list is worn out? How often does something like happen to other investors? How could I get around it? 

Thanks guys, we really appreciate the help. More than half of our income goes into our real estate investing and we feel stuck and lost.

Loading replies...