Germantown, WI 53022 Bird Dog House

6 Replies

I'm aware of a property in a highly desired area outside Milwaukee that is for sale but not yet listed.  Owner is looking to sell it but I do not have the money to work a deal.  I recently have become aware of a practice called Bird Dogging.  I'm interested in this boards opinion on how I can accomplish a successful bird dog transaction.

You can make a larger profit wholesaling verses bird dogging. Check out some of the post on BP.

@Kevin Forsythe

You could get the property under option or purchsae contract for a small amount and then sell the contract to an investor to make your profit. 

For bonus points, do this in a self-directed IRA and you won't have to pay tax on it.

YouTube wholesaling. Study the biggerpockets info. Get the property under contract, after your walk through, price it, and then bring it to the marketplace.  There are a lot of investors in IL that are branching out to WI. Check out podcast 78.

Originally posted by @Nick L. :

@Kevin Forsythe

You could get the property under option or purchase contract for a small amount and then sell the contract to an investor to make your profit. 

For bonus points, do this in a self-directed IRA and you won't have to pay tax on it.

Self-directed IRA is a tax-deferred vehicle just like a conventional IRA. And taxes would apply on distributions taken out at retirement. Distributions from a self-directed Roth IRA or 401k however would be tax free just like from conventional Roth IRA.

@Dmitriy Fomichenko

Good point, I was just speaking casually. I believe 529s and HSAs can also be self-directed.

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here