Wholesaling Mentor

3 Replies

Hi I'm new to Bigger Pockets and I was in search for a mentor in the metro Detroit area. Most people make it seem so easy to find a mentor but I'm not having any luck at all in that area. I browse everyday on Bigger Pockets trying to search for a mento and it seems as though everyone is saying the same thing over and over again about taking someone out for coffee, it in reality it seems as though people aren't up for showing or helping people trying to learn the business. If there is someone out there that can help me out with my questions and situations regarding a mentor please let me know, and I'll greatly appreciate it. Thanks and picture coming soon!!

I understand your situation.  I am also new to real estate investing in the Medford Oregon area and hooking up with people who are experienced is very hard. No one want to talk to me about wholesaling deals.

Have you attended any REIA meetings? A great resource for information. Combining meetings with BP has provided me with lots of info nuggets! Good luck😆

One of your first steps should be to join a REIA. No one will be willing to mentor you with them seeing that you are showing an effort to learn the business. Join a local REIA, and meet the people who are apart of the business. Then you can take things from there. Ask people questions, network, get phone numbers. If you have a Facebook page, you can join the group, Metro Detroit Real Estate Investors. Their monthly meeting is coming up soon, and you can join them and meet people there who could potentially become your mentor.